PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This website is brought to you by Copdock Hall. The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations. If you do not agree to the following policy, you may wish to cease viewing / using this website.
Policy key definitions
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Copdock Hall.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
Personal data we may collect about you:
We will obtain personal data about you such as your name, email address, and query details, only when you provide these directly to us. For example, when you send us an email, or pass us your details on a business card.
How we use your personal data
- We may use your data for the following purposes:
- to help us identify you and any projects we’ve worked on together
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- customer profiling
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Authorised suppliers or subcontractors and service providers
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
- While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
- We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except as described in this policy or with your prior permission.
Data security and protection
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted; any transmission is at your own risk. By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to this transfer, storing or processing.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can: give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
Access to your personal information
Anyone may request, at any time, a copy of the personal information we hold about them, usually at no cost. If you wish to have the personal information we hold about you removed, please request this in writing.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small information files used by websites to distinguish between individual computer terminals so that the pages and functionality of that website can be correctly and securely delivered.
Cookies are fundamental to providing user-friendly online services. The most common functions of e-commerce would be impossible without cookies.
There are two types of cookies that can be used in the Internet that you should be aware of – Session cookies and Persistent cookies. You can read more about these at http://allaboutcookies.org
Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser and are usually not saved to your computer’s hard disk. We use session cookies to:
- hold some types of non-private information you provide while using an interactive tool on the website
- identify that you have logged in to the site
- hold your search criteria while you are carrying out a search of the website
- collect anonymous information on website usage to improve the site and service
Persistent cookies remain on your computer for a specified time and so are saved to your computer’s hard disk. Persistent cookies are used to:
- identify that a registered user has returned
- understand how you use a site and obtain information on website usage
Cookie use on our site
We only use Session cookies on this site. They are anonymous cookies that uniquely identify the machine you are using to visit the site for the period of your visit. It ensures we send you the correct information securely as you navigate around the site. It is deleted as you close your browser. It cannot track you journey once you leave the site.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Personal data we may collect about you” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software/applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations, will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by following this link, otherwise, contact the EMS provider.